Frequently asked questions

We can continue to pay your pension to a UK bank or building society account. We may be able to make payment via an International Payment Service for which you may have to pay a small monthly fee. This is available for most but not all countries and you need to be aware that the amount of pension you'll receive each month will depend on the exchange rate at the time of each payment.

If you would like to discuss having your pension paid to an overseas bank account please contact us.

If you change your address please contact us to let us know you have changed your details.

If you change your bank or building society details, please get in contact to discuss the ways the Fund accepts these changes

It is Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC) that works out how much income tax you should pay and provides us with the tax code to be applied to your pension. You will need to speak directly to HMRC. You can contact them on 0300 200 3300 (or 0300 200 3319 for textphone) or +44135 535 9022 if you live outside of the UK.

You will need your National Insurance number (you can find this on your P60)

You may need to contact us if you are going back to work in Local Government, or an employer where you could become a member of the LGPS. In most cases further employment will not affect your pension. But you must tell us if you take up further employment.

The death in retirement section has details about what the person who is looking after your affairs should do when you die and what further benefits might be payable from the Scheme.

Helpful information